The latest stats and data are available for Davis, Weber, Salt Lake and Utah counties on Inwest Title’s Market Data Report. Curious about average home sale prices or how many days homes are currently on the market? Click here for the most current report http://bit.ly/gqhkMU
Archive for November, 2010
A survey by American Lives, a consumer research firm in California, conducted a study for the trade magazine Builder to answer that question. Here are their conclusions:
• They are young . Most are under 45. Half said they had annual household incomes of $75,000 or less. Two-thirds are married.
• They are frugal . They consistently told surveyors they were eager to live a simple lifestyle.
• They are concerned about their financial future . About 70 percent said the economy is “not so good” with 27 percent saying it was getting worse and 27 percent saying it was getting better, and two-thirds saying it would get better in a year. Some 55 percent said they were concerned that they might lose their jobs.
• They see themselves as energy efficient but not necessarily “green.” About 32 percent said they’d pay extra for energy-efficient features but only 16 percent said they’d pay extra for recycled or renewable construction materials.
• Neighborhood is important. Ninety-five percent said they thought the community was as important as the home itself. Seventy-nine percent wanted the most square footage they could afford, but 69 percent said they’d consider a smaller home in the right neighborhood.
Source: Inman News, Mary Umberger (10/27/2010)